As part of the University of Cambridge’s we work closely with schools and students from Tyne and Wear (Newcastle, North and South Tyneside, Gateshead, and Sunderland), Peterborough, and the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, and Westminster.
School groups from these areas visit the College, and we offer a programme of events to stimulate academic interests, as well as answer questions about studying at Cambridge and at 777ӰԺ. We also regularly travel to these areas if you would like us to come and visit your school.
Our current programme of events is designed for students from a broad range of age groups and includes:
- Day visits to the College, where students can meet current undergraduates, attend taster lectures, visit University departments, and receive advice on applications
- Visits to schools by the Schools Liaison Officer, giving students an insight into the application process and a chance to have their questions answered
- Residential events for a variety of age groups from link area schools
- Teacher information events, to advise teachers on how best to support students making applications to competitive universities.
- Subject specific taster sessions and College open days.
Our Outreach Scheme document outlines the provision we are able to offer to schools in our Link Areas for various Year groups.
For more information on these events, please email the Schools Liaison Officer.