Careers and Mentoring
At Jesus, we put employability and careers at the forefront of the College experience.
Sarah and Clelia make up the Careers Team. We support students to become graduates that are well prepared for the workplace, strongly focusing on helping them to develop the key skills that employers want to see. We showcase the full range of career options available, from the first days in College through to graduation and beyond.
- Exclusive access to , our dedicated careers and mentoring platform
- Regular ‘In the Business of’ events where we invite external speakers from a range of industries and sectors to the College
- Skills-based clinics and networking events
- Entrepreneurship clinics
- A termly Careers and Mentoring newsletter and events termcard
- Signposting to the Careers support available at both College and level.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about our Careers and Mentoring programme.
All 777ӰԺ students are invited to join Jesus Connect, our online Careers and Mentoring platform. You can .
On , you can connect with other students and our diverse alumni community – find out more on our case studies page. You can also access posts providing advice for specific sectors, groups focusing on particular career interests, invitation to events, application links to internships, and work experience opportunities.
You can use to connect with mentors from across the alumni community.
Why take part?
As a mentee, you will benefit from a space in which you can really think about your career and personal goals, and create an action plan for achieving realistic goals in manageable steps that you can work towards between meetings.
- You will be encouraged and challenged to consider issues and come up with your own options for how to move forward in ways that you might not otherwise have time or space to focus upon.
- Mentorship will provide you with the opportunity to consider and review the options for your future, and to focus on your career development.
- Being mentored is a great way to expand your professional network, creating valuable contacts with alumni within the College's community.
We offer a mentor matching service for all Jesus Students. Whilst we absolutely encourage you to make your own connections using , if you would like us to suggest some possible mentors for you, and/or to approach potential mentors on your behalf, please outlining what you are looking for in a mentor and what you are hoping to get out of mentoring and we can do the rest.